Camera phone composition techniques & analysis

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No filters and no editing

-----

Using leading lines

IMG_4214 IMG_4216

I am partial to the first photo as my legs are leading the eye to my feet. Not so keen on the second image as it tends to look like the majority of celeb selfies with the arms in shot. Technically though the arms are leading your eye towards the face and background.

-----

Rule of thirds

IMG_4227

Using the rule of thirds and placing myself of to the side and showing only half my face. Loving the negative space of this type of image. Would be great for use in a scrapbook as I could add text in the blank space.

----

Taking better iPhone photos

IMG_4229

An accidental reflection. Playing with the rule of thirds and noticed the reflection in the tiles. I like this image because it’s uncluttered.

----

Square photos

IMG_4230

I love Instagram and square photos. This time I had a play with filling the image, focusing on my eyes.

----

Overall thoughts

Still really uncomfortable with taking my own image but slowly learning different techniques I can use to make me like the images a little more. I definitely want to expand on the rule of thirds image for my final project. Also partial to the accidental reflection image too and will play around with this more too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Caroline Brown. Powered by Blogger.