Project 2 – Theme or Story

Monday, May 23, 2016

A photographic theme is a series of images that are related in some way.

A photographic story may be:

  • a series of images that tells a story
  • a sequential or chronological series of images (eg - "a day in the life of your city".)
  • sequential or time based
  • a series of images that has some kind of narrative structure (eg - beginning, middle and end).

For Project 2 I’m learning towards doing a photographic theme more than a photographic story. I feel more of my image taking tends to be thematic unless I am specifically shooting an event (eg a party) or I am doing Ali Edwards’ Day in the Life or Week in the Life. For me a theme can be less constraining than restricting myself to photos that just tell a story.

That said I think I might have a play with a few photographic stories just for fun. And of course – I’ll share them here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Caroline Brown. Powered by Blogger.