Researching landmark photography

Thursday, May 26, 2016

One of my possible subjects for Project 2 for  Photography & Social Media is my local area and local landmarks so I decided to do some research into landmark photography.

This article made me think about working in some close up/detail images like this one of the Sydney Opera House

sydney-opera-house-sails

You can still tell what it is and it’s not your usual landmark photo.

Beyond the Postcard – 14 Tips for Creating Unique Photographs in Iconic Locations’ is a really interesting read, and I picked up some ideas that could make my shots more interesting – looking at shooting from new angles, looking at different lighting, using special effects, playing with focal lengths and depth of field.

and then I had a look online to see what other type of shots people are taking for some inspiration….

I love this idea of the Time Sliced project. Such a cool way to showcase a landmark.

Another cool idea. Taking a shot of a landmark but from a different perspective.

And finally the Souvenir series where the photographer holds postcards/souvenirs in front of landmarks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Caroline Brown. Powered by Blogger.